Saturday, October 15, 2022

TURST OR RUST

 


TRUST =  to rely on /  to cling to /  an act of placing faith in someone or something. 
Doesn't seem to be too much trust in this old world today. A man's word isn't worth much when it is backed and driven by his flesh (sin nature). Why we would place our trust in any human is beyond me. Of course I have to raise my hand as being part of the crowd who has trusted someone, only to be hurt by that individual.

I guess the greatest verse in Scripture is found in Proverbs chapter 3, verses 5 and 6.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direcdt your paths."

Seems as if this verse contains what I refer to as "cause and effect". By this, I meant if I pursue the directive God has given, then there will be a result in my own personal life that only He can provide.  

The very first thing this verse says is that the direction of my trust is to be toward, and in, one individual...that being God. Notice that it gives no reference as to head knowledge or intellect in this endeavor to trust God. I trust God period. Why do I trust Him? Because He is worth to be trusted. He has proved His faithfulness to me time and time again.

How deep is my trust suppose to be? Well the verse says that I am to trust with all my heart. Not that muscle that pumps blood to keep me alive, but the very core of my being....my will, my emotions, my intellect, my spirit....all of me looks only to God as the sole source of life here on this side of heaven.

Trouble comes when I claim to trust in Him, but (as the verse states) I lean or look to  my own understanding as how to live my life. In other words, we can say all the right things when it comes to knowing, believing, and trusting God. But the real proof is found by our choices and the actions we take in our life.

"In all your ways acknowledge Him"....Sounds like worship to me. Worship is more than music. Worship is more than goose bumps and lofty emotions...worship is found in the very way I live my life. Don't get me wrong about the music part. I have been stirred to tears by music that proclaims the greatness of God. But it is my life that is evidence of my trust in Him.

So first I trust God.

I do so with all my heart.

I do not look to my own devices, intellect or wisdom to guide me.

I give God the glory for my life daily here on this earth.

Doing this brings me to a place where my daily walk will be directed by Him. He is One I choose to follow. His is the voice I choose to listen for. 

You might want to think on these things today, I know that I am going too.

God on you...

michael b

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...