Friday, April 29, 2011



Has it truly been 32 years for me?
32 years since I first heard the opening words and chords to Phill Keaggy's TIME?
It only seems like yesterday when I first heard UFO by Larry Norman. Oh how my heart beat faster as I listened to song after song.
Keith Green changed the way I viewed the world and my place in it as a believer.
Holding one finger up in the air and declaring "One Way!" Only one way to God and that was through Jesus.
Now here, 32 years afterwards, I still burn for the Kingdom.
Oh I put on weight and the hair has gone South never to return, but the heart still beats for Jesus.
That is why I love this song....We were all so young.
Christian Brothers Association: We didn't  know we couldn't do the things we did...we just believed that God truly wanted a falls festival and a record store, not to mention a coffee house.
Kind of makes me sad for the kids today.
What do they have to hang onto.
Is there a voice, a song, a group that rises above the roar and din of dissension to proclaim the truth of God?
I am so grateful for the time that God has given me and the people that he has brought in and out of my life.
We were so young....

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...