Thursday, April 7, 2011

God is------

God is great....
God is good....
God is love.....
God is whatever I am not. He fills the emptiness within me. Where I am weak, He is strong. Where I am in fear, He is peace. God is!
He told Moses His name was I AM.
Not I WAS, looking to the past.
Not I SHALL BE, looking to the future.
But I AM...
Right here.
Right now.
At this moment, God is.

His name is an open ended name.
Whatever it is we need God to be, can be inserted into His name--I AM.
What is I need today?
Strength.
God says, "I AM strength."
I need healing today.
God says, "I AM healing."
When I think of God in this manner, I am overcome by His heart for His creation.
I can only imagine a heart that full of love and mercy and what it must be like for Him to watch His creation turn its back on  Him. Blaspheme His name. Reject His love. Rail against His directions. Yet in all of this, He continues to love.

At some point in the future, the "I AM" God will insert his own words....."I AM finished."
He will turn to His son, Jesus, and proclaim, "Go and get Your Bride!"
Jesus will bring unto Himself, all believers assembled as His Bride.
"I AM pleased!" will be the declaration at the marriage supper of the Lamb.
I try an imagine what life will look like after we are translated to be with Jesus.
I'm not so sure that any level of my own imagination or thought could do justice to what Jesus has prepared for us.

God be with you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...