Monday, October 19, 2020

CARE?

 


Jude : 22-23
You must show mercy to those whose faith is wavering. Rescue others by snatching them from the flames of judgment. Show mercy to still others, but do so with great caution, hating the sins that contaminate their lives.

Society and culture tells me I should care.
I should care about climate change.....
I should care about the rain forest.....

I should care about gun violence......
I should care about politics.......

I should care about human trafficking.....

Society and culture infers that I am a bad person if.....
I don't care about people who enter this country illegally.....
I don't care about the rights of others who are oppressed.....
I don't care that the Palestinians don't have a homeland......
I don't care about all the many different species of animals that are almost extinct.......

And the list goes on and on, and on and on of situations and causes that I should care about....
Well, there isn't enough of me to care.....
Doesn't mean I don't....I do!
There just isn't enough of me to go around to actually do something about this list.


The one thing that society and culture will never tell me to care about are the souls that enter hell each day when they die.
You'll never hear society and culture rail against sin and the eternal (and final) consequences that seals a persons fate when the die without ever really knowing who Jesus is.......Never knowing what He has done to provide them with an abundant life here and now....as well as eternal life upon their death.


You'll never hear society and culture rail against the injustice of sin....
How it destroys families through addiction......
Oh there will be bills passed, and much chest thumping by speech makers who will talk about our "war on drugs". But the war on drugs is useless when the human heart is not taken into consideration as the cause for a person to use.
When we reject God as the only source of real life to someone trapped in addiction, we place ourselves as "god" to determine the remedy for addiction.


IN fact, I would be as bold to say that SIN is the cause for every problem that this planet faces today. Our solution is to wear different color ribbons on our lapel to show that we care more than others. To go about offering symbolic events that have no effect what so ever to the problem that is our current cause.

Long ago, God showed me that I was to care about one thing, and one thing only.....The souls of people.
The solution? The cross of Christ.....

His death and resurrection....
His blood shed as payment for our sin.....
That is why you'll never hear me teach on the deeper mysteries of God.
He won't let me.....

I have one message,and one message only....

II Corinthians 2:2
For I decided that while I was with you I would know nothing except Jesus Christ , and Him crucified.

Call me a dreamer...
Call me crazy, but somehow I believe if we all could come to the saving knowledge of what Paul wrote about in II Corinthians, all that other stuff might just work out.

God on you.....

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...