Friday, October 9, 2020

OLD FAITH? IT IS SIMPLY FAITH THAT HAS BEEN TESTED

 


II Corinthians 4:17
For our present troubles are small and won't last very long> Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever.

II Timothy 3:1
You should know this, Timothy, that in the last days there will be difficult (perilous...stressful) times (events, situations and circumstances).

October has always been a time for change for me, and the meetings that I lead. It is as though God turns the page spiritually, and prepares me for the coming days. I've been witnessed to this over the past 22 years. Can't explain it.....don't really understand it.....just know that it is true. With this in mind, if you look at our country,and the direction it is taking morally and spiritually, you can't help but see that God is not very welcomed in society or culture. As the moral climate goes south, and the majority decides what is acceptable, it's not hard to see storms on the horizon. World wide economy is teetering on failure. Governments wrestle with how to keep from failing. People are looking for government not only to define their personal lives, but to take care of their needs.

As a follower of Jesus, I'm sure you've heard the verse from II Corinthians 5:7

"For we walk by faith, not by sight." What if this behavior becomes the very way of life we have to embrace to live. I'm talking about day to day existence. Our reliance on God to show us what to do, where to go, what to say becomes the difference between life and death. Not trying to be dramatic....just saying.

As long as humanity looks to itself, and its leaders, while rejecting God, things are only going to get worse. I think I can honestly pull out to explain this behavior, a line often said when speaking of addiction and recovery......"You cannot be the problem, and the solution." In others words, humanity keeps making decisions that are sin/flesh driven, and not seeking God, thinking they are coming up with solutions to the country's problem.

I think those who can move into a life of faith,while relying on the economy of heaven for their survival, will have a completely different view than what Fox News, CNN or any other news source may be broadcasting. You see here's where I'm crazy enough to believe God. If things do get dark and hard, I truly believe it will be the perfect time for the REAL church to rise up and do what it was called to do. Feed the hungry...clothe the naked....see people healed.....see people freed of demonic oppression.....and salvation coming in waves. I want to be a part of such a move of God. When times of trouble come that affect everyone, the natural tendency is to fear. But fear turns us into a selfish people. We look to our own needs over those of anyone else. If I am trusting God, then I rest in the assurance that He will see me through. What I'm talking about isn't a pie-in-the-sky-rainbows and kitty cats religious view of God. I fall back on the word and believe that when we are instructed to "walk (live) by faith", that is exactly what I want to be doing. Not saying it will be easy...but it is what's on God's heart.


Thanks for letting me share:
God on you.....

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...