Saturday, October 3, 2020

GRACE!


 

Last words in Scripture.
The very last words in the book of Hebrews.
Grace be with you all......
Grace? Unmerited favor? I don't think so even though this is the definition that most Christians use.
The unmerited favor of God be with you all?
I don't think so.
Scripture reads that Jesus was full of grace.
Jesus was full of unmerited favor?
If anyone deserved merited favor, it would be Jesus.
What is grace?
Grace is a power.
Grace is a force.
Grace is more than what you say before each meal.
Grace!
Grace is the empowering presence of God in me that enables me
to be who God has created me to be....
And to do what God has called me to do....
In other words......
Grace is that power in me, given to me by God through His Holy Spirit
that allows me to be elevated above my human condition
and carry out the wishes and plans of God
to usher in his kingdom....
to bring salvation to those who don't know Jesus...
to make disciples.....
and to worship the Father in Spirit and in truth...
Grace...
What a word....
No wonder John Newton called it Amazing!
Grace to you all......
God on you......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...