Friday, October 16, 2020

NOT SURE WHY I WROTE THIS ONE

 


So much going on around me .....People venting (I want to vent)....People posting words that are tinged with anger and frustration ( I am frustrated and angry). So why don't I join in. Because everyone is yelling (even in their typing) but no one is truly listening. Our attention has been brought down from focusing on heaven to putting it square on this world and the madness that has been loosed.

Some blame the Democrats....Some lay it at the feet of the Republicans. Some want the head of the President........Others wave the flag and say "God bless this nation." In all the madness, the rule and reign of God has been largely forgotten. God is not inept. He is not old and feeble. He has not lost control of this world or the plans He has that we read about in Scripture. If anything, People have taken their heart away from Him.

Oh we can blame the church for what ails us....We can blame the government for all the wrong. We can even divide up and and point to skin color for the pain and wrong in our society. While those things may have some truth, the real problem has been  (And always will be) the state of the human heart.

All the running around trying to redefine marriage or what gender is, is nothing more that humanity suffering from the effects of thousands of years of sin-rule. We don't like the truth so under the influence of sin, we seek to redefine what our hearts truly want.

The 60's was the "free love" generation. Another slick label for "have sex without any consequences" .  As my generation grew older, we saw the damaging effects of this. Why get married? We're gonna divorce anyway. So let's just shuck marriage all together and move in with one another. Poor old white trash folks like me use to call this "Shackin' up" and there was not a good thing about this.At first it carried a shame with it, but now we've become so progressive and enlightened that it is the norm. In fact sex has been reduced to a transaction between two people. Love who you want when you want, then get up and leave. Kind of sad to me.

Then we took it one step further.....we proclaimed a new freedom for women as they found liberty in being able to have an abortion. But you know....no one really wants to talk about the effects that such a procedure has on the woman. Talk use to be about "back alley" abortions....now the "back alley" is filled with women who are having all manner of emotional trouble and don't understand why their hearts are empty and hurting.. Yep! I said it. That which was in the womb isn't fetal material...or a fetus. It was a baby. 

I could go on and on, but I don't think I will. You see, for all the wrong in our nation, our state, our county and our city, there has been and continues to be only one answer. Jesus Christ and His offer of salvation. The world wants to gauge this salvation thing based on how the church is viewed. Can I shock you one more time? Salvation is not dependent on the church as others have defined what church is. Salvation is THE gift of God Himself. He is the only one who can lift humanity out of the muck and mire of a nation drowning in sin.

The world thinks itself to be wise and informed as to the workings of the Kingdom of God. I think maybe Paul wrote it best in Romans..."Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of God for idols to worship."  Right now, the world worships the idol of "SELF"...they bend their knees to it. They give their tithes and offerings to it. but in their blindness and foolishness, they do not see that the real force in such belief is their hidden enemy, Satan.

Am I all "doom and gloom' today? Nope, I'm not. I am confident in God's rule and reign. So today, I will go about my business with one eye here and one on the sky. One ear listening to the sounds of this world, and one listening for a trumpet.  Should I die today, I will do so confident in my going home to be with Christ. Should I live another day,  I will do so in the knowledge that He has given me one more day. 

I Thessalonians 5:18 -  Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

God on you...

Mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...