Sunday, April 25, 2021

CHOOSE

 


Choose...Make a choice.....decide. Such isn't always an action, but actions usually do follow when we do choose. We follow our choices. Our choices aren't always good ones, and the results clearly define and reveal that we made a bad one.

I've been pondering a lot lately (usually the behavior of an old coot) and not that this is earth shattering (it isn't) but this whole relationship thing of following God is the end result of a choice.

On the other hand, the actions of someone who chooses to reject God and live life on their own terms is also a choice. You might say, "Hey! I don't even believe in this God you talk about!" You can say it loud..........your can scream it.....you can lash out at me or others who write, teach and share about a God we've given our lives to, but none of that might matter.

The simplest way I can come up with is this. We all make a choice as to what we believe and are willing to stake our lives on. So bottom line, either upon your death or my death..........or the return of Christ (which you probably don't believe in) we will find out the truth about our choice. We will each come to the realization that one of us was wrong. Contrary to the cultural mindset (especially when it comes to God) there aren't many paths which lead to Him. He isn't a pick and choose God simply because you believe one way and not another. But that is a post for a whole other time.

You may think that I believe that I have all the answers when it comes to God. Well, I don't. I have some truth that I know through my own personal journey. I know that Vicki and I have seen some pretty incredible things that could only be contributed to the hand of God. As the years have piled up in our life, Vicki and I get up every morning, and we choose to not only believe God, but to follow Him daily, asking for His guidance and not relying on our own.

So you see, this morning the one thing I know that our entire life here on this side of heaven (oh yeah, you don't believe in heaven or judgment....sorry) is based on choosing. So I guess let us all live our life and the choices we have made, and see how this whole cosmic play turns out. Should I be wrong, so be it. If this God I have chosen to follow and give my will and life to is wrong, or doesn't exist...so be it. But let it be known that I have had a great life. A life filled with hard times, bad times......good times filled with laughter and family. But what if, at the end of your life, you discover that your choices were wrong and this God I write about is real and acts accordingly to His word? Well, I'm sorry that you chose the way you did, because you see.......once you die, it is too late to change your mind then.

I pray that we all find God today....

I pray that we all open our minds and the choices we make, and come to the truth ....the only truth......His truth.

God on you...

mbb

JUDGES 24:15

"And if if seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve. Whether the gods which your fathers serve that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. BUT AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD."


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...