Sunday, May 9, 2021

MOTHER'S DAY 2021


 

Mother's day 2021....
The mother of my children is asleep at the time I'm writing this. In the quietness of this house, I can hear and almost see the memories of mother's day over the years. There were those times when I would wrestle the boy's out of bed so we could fix breakfast for her. Usually blueberry muffins and a cup of coffee. We would come marching into the bedroom something akin to a Cecil B. DeMille epic movie. Both the boys wanted to carry the tray containing our morning fare. Such a debate and struggle would usually be solved by me carrying the tray due to the fact that the vigorous debate by the brothers usually resulted in spillage and a coffee stained morning paper.

There was no "easing" into the day when the boy's came into the room. "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!" being said loud enough that I'm pretty sure that every mom on Greene Street was awakened. The boy's would pile up in the bed anxiously waiting for Mom to take a bite and a sip of coffee. The world would not be right until she said, "Oh this is wonderful, thank you." Smiles, laughter and a mom who was still trying to wake up and gather her senses so she could face the day.

Those two little boys have turned into grown men with families of their own, and isn't that the way life should be. Oh they won't forget what day it is, and there will be phone calls and visits. There will be cards with hand written words that express their love, appreciation, and admiration for this woman who saw then through the years, taking care of them every step of the way. Isn't that how it should be? I think maybe yes.

Sitting here in my office this morning, I also think back to my own mother who has been gone for 40 years. Her face and her voice are still there in my memory and I pray that time never rob me of this.

SO this morning....
Here on Greene Street....

The words from Proverbs 31 have been more truer than there are today.

Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her. There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!!

Happy Mother's Day Vicki!

mbb



No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...