Saturday, July 10, 2021

INVENTORY YOUR LIFE AND GET RID OF THE NASTINESS

 


Psalm 139:23-24 - Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.
Think about these words that David wrote. Asking God to search his heart and the reveal any wrong that may be there. Basically what David is proclaiming is what I refer to as the "World's Most Dangerous prayer"...."God! Don't let me get away with anything. Uncover me at every turn. Expose me when my heart runs to darkness and I turn from following you."

This is the heart of a true follower of Christ. To realize that we must be held accountable daily. That within each of us lies the potential of turning and walking back to our old ways, old thoughts and old habits. This very thought is what keeps me moving forward daily with Christ. Asking Him to reveal my own heart so that I may empty myself of everything that displeases Him. More than just emptying myself, I ask that He replace all the junky stuff I tote around in my heart with all the good things He has for me. Change of heart, change of character, deeper trust and faith in Him.
Would you pray that prayer today? Would you really mean what you pray? Asking God to uncover you. Yet this uncovering by God is the ultimate act of love on His part. Being uncovered means that we have an opportunity to repent and turn from our wicked ways. A chance to have a clean heart and pure hands that only God can provide.


Think on this today!
God on you
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...