Sunday, July 11, 2021

VERSE OF THE DAY: REV. 1:1

 


Revelation 1:1 - The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and communicated it by His angel to His bond servant John.

The book of books, so to speak. Revelation (according to Dr. J. Vernon McGee) is the great hub where all the prophetic verses in Scripture come together. If you ask anyone to tell you what the book is about, you will receive a myriad of answers. Last Days.........The Great Tribulation......The Anti-Christ....The 2nd Coming. And to some degree each answer would be correct. But to me, these are secondary answers that keep our minds occupied with what we perceive to be a mystery.

The truth is, the book of Revelation is exactly that - A Revelation. But it is the subject of the book that I love. It is the Revelation of JESUS CHRIST. We get to see Jesus as He is today. We get to see our High Priest operating from that office. We get to see both Lion and Lamb nature of Christ. We are given a glimpse into heaven and see Christ as Lord and Savior.

Read Chapter 5 and you get to see Christ as the only worthy enough in heaven, on earth, or under the earth, to reach out and take a scroll that has been sealed. No one else was capable of doing this. But it is the heart, character and the way Jesus obeyed His Father during His life here on earth that revealed the worth of Him. 

I need a daily revelation of Christ in my life.

I need to keep my attention and my focus on Him through prayer (and listening for His voice as He speaks back to me) through study of His Scripture. By hearing those who have been called to teach share messages. By applying to my life, what God is telling me. Hearing = Application, simple as that. As we grow in Christ, the Revelation deepens and our desire to know Him better grows deeper.

Think on these things, and have a wonderful Sunday.

God on you..

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...