Monday, July 5, 2021

HAND ME DOWN MY WALKING SHOES

 

LUKE 13:33 - Nevertheless I must journey on today and tomorrow and the next day......

The very heart of recovery....realizing that it is a journey. A journey we call life. Those who may not understand recovery probably don't view daily life in the same way as someone who has come out of that darkness we call addiction.

The person who has begun to work the steps must be aware of the daily choices that come at them with a keen understanding of exactly how powerless they really are. An understanding that keeps them looking to God for strength and answers on how to make good choices. 

I love the opening verses of the book of Proverbs, which explain the reason we need to consider reading the book.

V.2 - To know wisdom and instruction. To discern the saying of understanding.

V.3 - To receive instruction in wise behavior, righteousness, justice and equity.

V.4 - To give prudence to the naive, to the youth knowledge and discretion

V.5 - A wise man will hear and increase in learning, and a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel.

Then in verse seven we read the heart of what it takes to move forward in life here on this side of heaven.  "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom and instruction.

The fear mentioned in verse seven is reverence given to the One who is the giver of all life.....God. To never forget my place in this relationship I have been given, and this new way of living that has been granted to me. I value this way of life. I embrace it and ask God to show me daily how I am to live. What choices I need to make, asking how can I grow and mature even more. All of this for one purpose and one purpose alone. So I can share with others what God has given to me.

To love others as He loved me. To love myself and accept myself knowing that God is at work in me. Oh I still make major foul ups and I still can mess up things. But He is always there to forgive me, put me back on the path, pat me on the back and say, "Let's try it again."

So today, take an inventory of your life and ask yourself, "Is this really the way I want to live?" Or do you want to find the peace, mercy and grace of God at every turn of your day? I think I'll choose the whole peace, mercy and grace deal. All found in the heart of a God who desires me to grow and not give place to the darkness of this world.

Think on these things...

God on you...

mbb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...