Saturday, October 23, 2021

ALL FOR THE GLORY OF GOD


John 11:25-26 - Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in Me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in Me will never die. DO YOU BELIEVE THIS?"

Who is  this man who has power over death? Who is this that can say three simple words, and a man is brought back to life? Three simple words..."Lazarus, come forth!" I can say them and nothing happens. No matter how hard I try...no matter how much emphasis I place on each word...death does not answer to me.

Death answers to the One who, in the beginning, said, "Let there be light!" And there was light. He went down a creative list speaking into the chaos that was upon this world. A world that was empty and darkness was on the face of the deep. And creation bowed to His words and aligned according to His purpose.

I ran across this song this morning. Haven't thought about it in a while. Back in the 80's when my sons had crossed over into the time of being a teenager, they both really like Carmen. His songs resonated with truth and were presented in such a way that brought hope and pointed to Christ as the only source of real life.

Enjoy Carmen's version of "Lazarus."
God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...