Thursday, October 28, 2021

CONTENT


 I love this word....content. I love how it rolls off the tongue, colored by the definition of what it means. To me, to be content is that I am able to posses an inner peace no matter what my situation may be. It is more about the stabilization of my emotions, my mental health, as well as my outlook on life, than it is about the absence of problems, trials and the assorted stuff that life throws at me.

Content isn't a pie-in-the-sky-lets-dance-through-the-daisies kind of mind set. I guess you might say that it is an awakening to the reality of God and what He is capable of doing. Like I said, it is more about inner peace and stability that it is having all my problems disappear. 

Must be something to this idea of being content that escapes us when we are overwhelmed by a tidal wave of "life", seeking to sweep us off the shore and carry us out to sea. Must be a state of being that we learn how to live as God instructs us.

Paul wrote in Philippians 4:11 - "Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content." Did you catch that? Paul said that he learned! There may even be some trial and error in this learning process. But how can we pray for contentment and we're not willing to learn? I want to know God better every day. To stand in amazement as His plan unfolds before me. Not so I can gain a head knowledge of who God is, but rather engage in what He expects of me so that I can grow in Him.

I don't want to stand on the sidelines while everyone else gets to play. I don't want to stand at the edge of the pool and watch everyone else swimming...I want to dive in the deep end. That water than is over my head so that I learn to depend on God and not my own ability to "Swim". Learn how to live in HIS contentment, and not the things that the world offers. 

Think on this today...

God on you...

mbb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...