Friday, April 22, 2022

VOICES

 


4:17 a.m....First cup of coffee. House is quiet as Vicki is asleep down the hall. I love the mornings. I love the sense of newness as we get another day here on this ol' earth. I love it when my thoughts are few, and have yet to be highjacked by all the stuff that I know will come today. I love the mornings.

I know that we live in an age and time where image and visual rule the roost, but I am more of an auditory person. I listen. Early on, when I first came to the Vineyard, the passing of teaching tapes (yes, I said tapes) was the heart of learning how to hear, follow, and obey God. These tapes opened us to new songs of worship, how to hear God, and how to minister to others. I can't tell you the number of tapes that circulated within our church. Usually on Sunday, the topic of conversation among the people was about the latest tape that had been passed around.

The Vineyard has been blessed with some pretty incredible pastor/teachers. Men like John Wimber, whose no-hype -common-sense messages showed us all that we have been called to participate in the Kingdom work of God. As John would say, "Everyone gets to play." 

James Ryles played a very important part in our life personally. I remember when Vicki and I sat and listened to James teaching on "How To Hear God." No one had ever explained it like he did. No one had ever showed us how to hear God. Now couple that series of teachings with his messages on Grace and you've got yourself a life changing view of how God works through His Kingdom plans.

Why am I writing this? I'm not sure. I just know that Romans 10:17 reads, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God." I'm not against the visual presentations or teaching of God's word. But we need to remember that it's what goes through the "ear gate" and not the "eye gate" that impacts us the most. 

There are a lot of incredible teachers out there. If you desire to grow then pray and ask God to lead you to the "Voices" that truly speak on His behalf. Those who allow the Holy Spirit to move in them and through them as they unfold the Word of God.

Well, my coffee is gone. I guess it's time for that 2nd cup. Make it a good weekend.

God on you....\

Michael b

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...