Sunday, April 10, 2011

Get On The Bible Bus...


I consider myself to be a simple man.
My study of the Word of God is simple and I hold no insights other than what God has shown me through the Holy Spirit.
Some people now days don't hold with studying the Word of God.
They read it sporadically.
One verse here, one verse there.
A chapter here, a chapter there.
Skipping from book to book without ever seeing how the Word of God is one continuous thread with a message of salvation from the book of Genesis to the book of Revelation.
I write this to let you know that Through The Bible Radio Program, with Dr. J. Vernon McGee, is
starting back in Genesis week after next.
Dr. McGee goes through the entire Bible, teaching it line by line, verse by verse over a period of five years.
They have just recently finished up a five year study and are beginning to start over again.

If you would like to join in and begin a study with Through the Bible, then you may do so by
following this link below.
Click on the link/  then click on "all ministries"...
look for THROUGH THE BIBLE and click on it.
You will be directed to a place where you can download and listen to the current teaching.


While I don't agree with everything Dr. McGee teaches, he is thought provoking and causes me to seriously take a look at what I do believe, and the reason for my belief.
Some of you will be put off by Dr. McGee's accent (North Texas Twang), but rest assured if you listen long enough, that voice will become a comfort. A close friend.

Many have turned away from the study of the Word of God to chase experiences.
While I am truly blessed to be in services where the presence of God is so thick you could cut it with a knife, such times will never take the place of intimate times with God's Holy Word.
Old fashioned?
Probably.
But I make no excuses for my love of God's Word.
I pray that you would fall in love with it and that it becomes sole and center of your life as God speaks to you through His Word.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...