Monday, August 27, 2018

Those Incredible Sounds Of Change


Proverbs 17:22
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones.

Ephesians 5:19
.....making melody with your heart to the Lord.

The one thing I enjoy the most about Saturday night's VRC is the laughter and the joy that is in the room.
To hear someone laughing....
To see their face all scrunched up as the laughter just rolls out of them...that is music to my ears.

There isn't much to laugh about when a person is trapped in addiction.
There isn't much joy when a person is in sin-prison.
But to be free from all that....
To be released from the sentence of darkness and depression is beyond comprehension. Yet there is the laughter and joy that comes with the freedom that only God can give.


This freedom we experience, and this joy and laughter that we have found, can only come through the salvation experience that God has offered to us. There isn't much religiosity when it comes to this kind of freedom. No sanctimonious smiles. No adjusting of the Pharisaical robes and trappings that come from acting and trying to appear to be religious.

It is these moments of joy and laughter that make me realize the change that has taken place in me. For a brief moment in time, God has given me this gift of knowing that change is truly taking place within my heart.
If what I have written about this morning sounds foreign to you, then take a moment and look inside yourself. Past your doubts and fears....Past your mistakes and bad choices....look to your heart and find the joy that only God can bring.


And while your at it...
Don't forget to laugh.


God on you...

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...