Monday, August 20, 2018

Looking Back @ The Weekend


God Given Gifts Found In Recovery:
FREEDOM: 
Galatians 5:1 - So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don't get tied up again in slavery to the law.

Last night was the ending to a really good weekend.
Saturday night @ Vineyard ReCovery, we took a look at encounters with Jesus. If you read Scripture, people who encountered Jesus were changed afterwards. Some were healed of physical maladies.......some were set free from being demonized.....some had family members brought back to life..........and some were simply changed forever (on the inside) because of the presence and power of Jesus. To me this is one of the most incredible gifts given to us by God. Because of His love....Because of His mercy, He provides a way for us to be changed by the placement of His Holy Spirit inside of us.

Sunday Morning @ Northside Baptist found us plodding along in our study of the book of Genesis. This was our 12th message from Genesis as we finished Chapter 6 yesterday. The one thing that God is showing us in our study is His nature, His character, His faithfulness, against the character of mankind....the nature of mankind...and the unfaithfulness of mankind. We are seeing ourselves in this study. The simple fact that humanity's base nature has not changed since Adam and Eve ate the fruit in the garden of Eden. We are still a stinky mess in need of being saved from ourselves.

Last night found me speaking @ Catalyst Recovery.
The one thing I love about this meeting is that Seth Barber (pastor) has a topic each month. This month the topic is "LIFE AFTER ____". My message was "life after chaos".

Life is more than my heart beating, I'm walking around, I'm a living being. Life is the state in which we are elevated into when we are saved. Because of God's Holy Spirit living in me, I see my surrounding and the people I associate with in a different manner. I like to say, "We are now doing business according to heaven and not the dictates of this world".

It was good to see Kevin Thompson last night. He shared updates on his son Cody who was literally at death's door recently. Cody is on the mend, thanks to the prayers of God's people. Still not out of the woods, but doing much better. 

Ministry time was awesome. Several came down to the front, falling to their knees to do some business with God. Lot of brokenness...Lot of burdens unloaded....lot of healing. That is why I love these meetings. To see people changed as only God can do it.

So heading home after the meeting, I ran back over the weekend in my mind, and a smile broke over my old craggy face. The same thought that I have each weekend invaded my mind..."Boy God! How are you going to top this?" Funny part is I know He will next weekend.

God on you..

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...