Friday, August 17, 2018

Today


Matthew 6:35 (The Message Bible)
Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.

Matthew 7:13-14
Don't look for shortcuts to God. The market it flooded with surefire, easygoing formulas for a successful life that can be practiced in your spare time. Don't fall for that stuff, even though crowds of people do. The way to life----to God!----is vigorous and requires total attention.

I need to be with people who are intent on chasing after....following this God.
I need to live in the moment...........the here and now.
I need to be aware of right now.
I don't need to let my thoughts run to tomorrow and the day after...and the day after that...and next month...and next year. I have got to stay in the moment.
I don't need to let my mind set up shop in my past.
Drive down my tent pegs surrounded by the dusty, destruction that my choices  brought about.
I need to live in the here and now.

I need to celebrate today, while it is still today.

I need to drink up life today no matter what my situation is.
I need to find gratitude.
I need to turn my eyes, heart, soul, mind to Christ.

Such are the things that will empower me as I simply cooperate with The Holy Spirit at work in me.

This past week has been a week of talking to people who (for whatever reason) have gone back out into the old life. Situations grew too hard to face. Problems multiplied until they seemed insurmountable. Mountains that could not be climbed. The weird part in all of this, because these folks turned to their old ways...old habits....the problems only grew worse. "I think I'll get high!"...."I think I'll get drunk and forget about all of this!"...such actions only added to the problem. It did not make it go away, and it sure didn't help in dealing with whatever they were facing.

I did not have anyone I talked to say, "You know Mike, I think I'll get up and go to a meeting." Not one. If the old way was never the solution, why would you think it would be different now? Such is the deception and blindness that we are sucked into when we turn to "SELF" instead of Jesus. Some who read this may be thinking..."Jesus, Jesus, Jesus..you seem to think this Jesus is the answer to my using." Well.......duh-huh! He is. If you noticed, I didn't say that "church" was the answer. I never said that religion was the answer. The only answer to my life problems is Jesus and the incredible gift of life afforded to me through His death on a cross, and His resurrection from a tomb. This allows me to live in the moment, no matter what my lot or state may be. I want to close with some words of wisdom that were written by a pretty incredible man. His name? Paul.

"I've learned by now to be content whatever my circumstances. I'm just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy (content) whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the ONE who makes me who I am."

Find HIM, Jesus, today...
Turn will and live over to His care today....
Live in the moment today....


God on you..
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...