Sunday, September 6, 2020

GOD THE HELP TO THOSE WHO SEEK HIM

 


PSALM 121

I will lift up my eyes to the hills. From whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord who made the heaven and earth.

My help...my assistance....my direction....my instruction....my strength....my hope....all of these come from the Lord. All inward works of His Holy Spirit as I move forward through my day. Not so much changing my circumstances or situations, as it is leading me through them.

The question I have to ask myself with each encounter, each problem I face is "What have I learned about myself and my God?" Every hard thing we are face to face with, every hard decision is an opportunity to grow. To learn to lean less on my own understanding (Prov. 3:5-6) but to fall completely upon trusting God.

I may be wrong in saying this, but if you look at the state of our nation today, I would say that "School is in session" and God is moving in instructing His people. As I've written here on this blog before...my greatest fear is not that I mess up or do something wrong.........my greatest fear is that I miss what God is trying to teach me.

Today............seek God with your whole heart......mind......body........soul.......spirit. In other words, the complete package. He will be there, an ever present help in times of trouble. Have a great Sunday! I will be back tomorrow.

God on you....

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...