Monday, September 14, 2020

JOY----REAL JOY------JOY FROM THE LORD!

 


Psalm 32:1-2
Oh what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven. Whose sin is put out of sight. Yes, what joy for those whose record the Lord has cleared of guilt, whose lives are lived in complete honesty.

Good stuff found there in Psalm 32....
But at the heart of the verse is the amazing work that God is capable of doing to a life that has surrendered to His call of salvation.
First off...there is the emotion or sensation of joy.

Joy knowing that your past no longer has power over you.
Joy in being able to say...."Yes! I did those things...Yes! I use to think this way......but I have been forgiven to the extent that those dark thoughts no longer rule over my decisions."
Joy for those who long list of sins have been wiped clean.

Some scripture refer to God casting our sin "as far as the east is from the west". How far is that? It is forever and then some. Isn't it funny that God dealt with our sin, but we're the ones who keep dragging and dredging it back up, especially when times get hard.
The last part of the verses from Psalm 32 is the one that gets me every time. "Whose lives are lived in complete honesty." Let's be blunt and to the point on this one. Left to my own devices and ways, I am incapable of being completely honest. But through my salvation and the Holy Spirit living in me, I do not have to lie any more. I don't have to keep track of which lie I told so I can cover it up with another one. Pretty soon you've told so many lies that you can't remember what the truth actually was.

Take time today and reread these verses from Psalm 32.
Read them slow and let them sink down insider your spirit.
Take each word and chew on it to get all the flavor out of it.
Feel the joy....let it wash over you....
If you haven't given yourself to God...
Or if you have drifted away from Him in this relationship...
Come back...
Confess your waywardness...
Ask for forgiveness and to be cleaned up once again...
By faith say to God, "I receive You...You are my Lord and my Savior."

God on you this marvelous Monday Morning...
Mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...