Tuesday, September 1, 2020

48 YEARS AND STILL GOING STRONG!!!





Taking a time out from the usual posting that I do here to say to my wife, "YOU'RE STILL THE ONE"....
48 years! Can you believe it? 
48 years are what old people do, not us!

It's been a ride and a lot of memories made. Memories that can be dredged up from the brain wrinkles with a single word...
Example:   "Ralphie"........or how about "Buzzards"?
Then there was "Flash Spider" and "Creep Mouse"...

Your's is the last voice I hear every night before sleep comes to visit....
And your's is the first face I see every morning....

I am truly a blessed man.
You are my heart and forever love...
And like the song says...."You're Still the One!"

How 'bout you and I keep on keepin' on and see what over than next hill?
I know that "Something" by the Beatles is our song. Gary Burttram played it at our wedding. (To which Vicki's grandmother called it a "Hippie Wedding") but because of the years and the mileage we accumulated....The Orleans song was on my mind the first thing this morning....

So Vicki Campbell Bynum.......
I would marry you all over again in a New York Minute.
Thank you for 48 years of peace in our home...
Thank you for 48 years of putting up with me (yeah, I know...she deserves some sort of award).
Thank you...well..for 48 years...

I love you...
Michael

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...