Saturday, February 12, 2022

ANOTHER DAY-----ANOTHER SONG


 First cup of coffee this morning. I am a "Mug-a-holic" in that I have certain coffee mugs that I prefer. This morning is my NASA cup that my brother in law gave me after his trip to Florida.

This cup always reminds me to "Keep looking up". Not only to see the wonders of the night sky, but to always be mindful that this could be the day of the Lord's return. Not going to get into a theological debate here, just stating what runs though my head.

Found myself parked in Psalms 108 this morning, finding some truth that I want for my own life.

V.1 - My heart, O God, is steadfast! In other words, I will not be easily shaken by the things I see and hear from my culture or my society. Instead, I will rest upon the person and truth of God. I will not be tossed and thrown about by every bit or snippet of rumor or lies that come my way.

V.1 - I will sing and make music with all my soul. Now I know that old David was a musical kind of guy. When you spend a lot of your time alone with a flock of sheep, then you have opportunities to sing and write songs. Sheep make a good audience I guess. Maybe we need to incorporate "sheep" worship in our services so that we might find freedom to sing from the heart rather than from the page. David states that he is going to make music with all his soul. Not his heart, not because he is talented......not because he can whip off some pretty good notes on a harp or lyre. But because music from the soul is birthed from the very depths of who you are and what you believe.

V.2 - Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn. Don't you know if David had any neighbor's nearby, they got all excited (not) when David commenced to sing and play. When David writes about the dawn, he is speaking more than referring to the sun coming up. He is proclaiming the power of God to take us from spiritual darkness into the dawn and light of His kingdom. Now that is something worth singing about. Sounds to me like a good way to start our day...worshiping the one who gave us life for another day. 

I do not know what this day holds. It may be my last one here on this planet. But I know the One who holds my life, and from my view point........He is truly worth praising and worshiping this morning.

Thank you Lord for another day...

May I spend myself on following you this day.

Michael b


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...