Wednesday, February 9, 2022

HE IS EVERYWHERE

 


Sometimes I catch a whiff of it on the wings of the wind that blows past me. By the time I realize what it is, the wind has moved on, leaving only a lingering fragrance of truth. A sweetness that produces a longing in my soul and heart.

Other times I catch a glimpse of it out of the corner of my eye, quickly turning as if I can touch it and keep it for myself. I find that it was a mere second of awareness that illuminated my mind and invaded my thoughts. Much like when you catch sight of a falling star just before it goes out of sight. 

There are other times when I pick up the faint sounds that stir me with a song that is older than time itself. Melodies and chords give way to harmonies not found in this world. Proclamations of something greater than myself  fall upon my ear. By the time I have turned to catch the full song, it has disappeared.

Such times as these are what I refer to as tokens from heaven. The place where I belong. The place  I shall go to one day. Somehow in my "old" thinking, I truly believe that the more years you have accumulated in your life journey, the more frequent these tokens become and the clearer you hear, see and understand that God is speaking.

Today I have a deep longing to be with my Father. Oh I wish not to hurry death or plot and plan a way to escape this earth. But doesn't Scripture say that all creation groans? I too groan sometimes at the weight of this world upon a human soul. I wonder how anyone can move through life without God and His constant presence in their life. 

I do not view God as One whose soul purpose to keep pain and suffering from me. Nor do I believe that He instigates such pain and suffering upon His people. I do believe that pain and suffering is part of the daily grind here on this planet. That age comes and begins to wear down the body, steal joy, and take hope away from those who have chosen to live outside the will and presence of God. Such a life I want no part of. 

But as I muddle through my day, the very thought of heaven lingers all around me. What will it truly look like? With my weirdness, I seem to carry around the thought of "What will heaven smell like?" Heaven is (as best I can gather from Scripture) a place of movement and purpose. Seems to be a lot of worship and activity taking place. I think that such is a by product of just being in the presence of God. I hear some folks talk about family reunions in heaven and how happy they will be to see love ones who had gone before them. I tend to believe that I may just fall at the feet of Jesus and spend a couple of billion years ( I know...there will not be measured time in heaven) worshiping the One who saved me.

All these thoughts about heaven, too me, are a good thing. It keeps me in a real place here on earth where I understand that the kingdom of darkness works 24/7 to keep people away from God. To keep them living in darkness. But the Spirit of God is at work in this present evil age (Gal.1:4) to redeem and restore those who answer His call to salvation. 

I know that today's posting is kind of out of the ordinary, but I hope you'll bear with me on this one. I find that my hope is renewed and I have a desire to press on.......to see what is over the next hill or around the next curve. What I do know is that the Spirit of God in me keeps me looking up for the Hope of Glory.

May you find Him today and also be filled with Heaven.

God on you...

Michael b.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...