Wednesday, February 16, 2022

He's The One by Dion Dimucci


What an incredible statement! Who would make such a statement? Who would stand to tell others that God and God alone was the source of life....real life...abundant life? What's more, God defines what is "abundant". He alone holds everything we see, touch, taste, hear in place. By the power of His spoken word He brought everything into existence.

His word is what holds everything in place and keeps it from spinning off into space. The book of Hebrews tells us that "By the power of His word the worlds were framed." Look into the night sky and you'll see evidence of His ability. Go stand on the seashore and listen to the waves as they crash and recede endlessly. Feel the salt spray on your face and let it speak to you of this God I know. The scope of who He is an what He is capable of doing is beyond my understanding. Now, let's take this power and ability one step farther.

Imagine such power brought down to a level where if affects me internally. This God I speak of desires to change us and bring us out of the spiritual darkness of this world into an an awareness of what it means to be in a relationship with Him. The power that spoke creation into existence is now available to those who turn to seek Him. He is there waiting. Has been for a long time. Waiting for you to respond to His call.....His touch....His Power to free you from the darkness of sin that covers the human heart.

God? He is the One. He is the only One. God has no equal. Why do you think A.A. refers to Him as the HIGHER POWER. I take it one step further. To me, God is the HIGHEST POWER. Such is why it just befuddles me that such an individual would even take the time to give me or you a thought. But not only does He think about us, He loves us. Such love was the reason Jesus came to our time and space and gave Himself to pay a debt for our sins. Too lofty for me to grasp, but I believe it with everything in me. And for these 62 years I have followed Him, He has truly shown me the way. I haven't always followed Him, and at times gotten into the ditch because of my bad choices. But He has been faithful to hear my cries and come and rescue me, clean me up, and tell me "Let's try this one more time."

God truly is the one.
Sing it Dion!

God on you...
michael b

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...