Friday, June 17, 2022

HOPE AGAINST ALL HOPE

 


Romans 4:18 (Message Bible) -  When everything was hopeless, Abraham believed anyway, deciding to live not on the basis of what what he saw he couldn't do but on what God said He would do.

There are times when I wonder if I truly am a follower of Christ. I find that my faith if fragile and on the verge of being broken when really dark times come. Sometimes it seems that fear and doubt are my closest neighbors, knocking on my door, trying to gain entrance to my thoughts and mind. But when it seems the darkest, I always turn to the promises of God. In those, I know there is no wavering or doubt. God's promises are "yes and amen".  A stable place on which I regain my footing.

I love the way the NIV describes Abraham's mindset.  "Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed..." When the world told Abraham there was no way God was going to keep His word....Abraham latched onto as greater hope. Maybe that is the message for this day....reject the world's hope, and find the one true eternal hope that never fails. Hope that has a name, and that name is Jesus.

Fox and CNN are not the owners of hope....

CBS, ABC, NBC are not the carriers of hope...You want the news....here let me give you some good news...."My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness." That simple phrase is something you can stake your life to when times are hard and days are dark.  "On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand.....all other ground is sinking sand."

Don't let the messengers of this world steal your hope, joy and peace. All these are found in Christ. You can believe it....or you can reject it. I choose to believe.

God on you...

michael b

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...