Tuesday, September 25, 2018

I Am A Hater!!



I don't know if I should say this or not.
It might offend some who read this posting.
My words might seem harsh...
Well, here goes.

I am filled with hate this morning....
I know....
I know...

Religion tells me that such is wrong.
Religion tells me that I should be filled with love, but I'm not.
I am filled with hate.

How could this be?
Well, believe it or not.....Christ actually called us to be filled with hatred.

Romans 12:9
..........."Hate what is evil....cling to what is good."
There I said it.
I hate "what is evil".

I have seen the destruction caused by evil.
I have seen men and women die too young because of evil.

I have seen families ripped apart by evil.
Is it any wonder that I hate it like I do?


The evil we see in this world today is a by-product of sin.
Society doesn't want to believe this.
In fact if you start talking about sin....the darkness of the human heart....that each of us are born with a sin-nature, society will label you as a religious kook.

A right wing whacko.
But the Holy truth is, Jesus came to save us.

He died for us, paying a sin debt that I never could pay to escape the consequences of sin.
Like the big book of A.A. says...."God did for me what I could not do for myself.'

Evil is a part of this world.
But evil is not the preeminent power on this planet (even though at times it appears to be).

God is still ruling....
His plans don't always look like what we think they should.

His ways of defeating evil don't always line up in the way we think they should.

Romans 12:17
Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.

Romans 12:21
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

One last thing....
Evil spelled backwards is LIVE.

And that is exactly what Christ has called us to.
A live that is lived out in the freedom that only He can bring to us.


God on you...

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...