Friday, September 21, 2018

Offensive To The Mind


The Jesus I believe in is a radical person...
He isn't a syrupy rendition, almost cartoon image of what the world tries to portray him as being.
His being radical comes from the economy of heaven and the Kingdom that every believer is to live by.

The world declares that "nice guys finish last"....
Jesus declares that "The last shall be first in the Kingdom."
The world proclaims that "it's a dog eat dog life".
Jesus commands that we are to pray for, and bless our enemies.
Society lives by the law of image.....it's isn't who you truly are on the inside...it's all about the way people see you....the image you project.
Jesus said that whatever is in the heart of man will be revealed by the words he speaks.

Everyone has an opinion about Jesus and who He really is.
Trouble with opinion is that they are usually wrong.
I say that because the Jesus I have chosen to follow is also very offensive.
He offends the minds of those who have rejected Him.
He stands as an eternal "thorn in the side" of those whose minds and hearts are cold and dark because of sin.

In our country where the majority opinion has warped and twisted the very fabric of truth....Jesus does not and will never compromise the truth of God the Father. We somehow think that the deeper we go into sin the more enlightened we become. That we are attaining a higher level of existence, shaking off the chains and bondage or religion to embrace the freedom that we all long for.
How blasphemous could such thoughts be! You see, such thoughts and collective behaviors are not new to our country or society. The apostle Paul wrote in Romans 1:22 - "Professing to be wise, they became fools."

Yes sir, my Jesus is offensive to those who live by the law of self.
Jesus said that He was "the way....the truth....and the life", that no one (and who falls under "no one"?  EVERYONE!) could come to the Father except through Him. So what does the world do?  They proclaim "Oh! That can't be. There are many paths to God." Really? I don't think so. We wish there were. We don't really want there to be only one way. That is such narrow thinking. Ideas that are antiquated and out dated.  I've had people tell me that they could not believe in a God who is so narrow minded and strict, that there was only one religion in the world that offered a way to Him.  

We all want that "loving, sweet Jesus", and He is that. Scripture says that God IS love. Not that God loves....or God has love....but that at the very core and heart He is love. But it also says that He is a God of judgment. Romans 1:18 reads, "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth (hold down) in unrighteousness." 

I fear for those who rail against God with their words, fueled by sin and unbelief. Why do I fear? Because with every tick of the clock, they draw closer to eternity. Once death has taken hold of them, there is no more opportunity to repent, confess, and believe the truth of Jesus. They cross over into eternal damnation and separation from God. Oh, they will be believe the truth once this takes place...but it will be the agony of seeing what they have thrown away because they rejected God. Realizing that God had offered them the greatest gift of all time......salvation and deliverance from sin.

Now I know that I can't change anyone....
No matter what I write or teach, I have no power to change a mind or heart.

Only God has that ability.
John 12:32
And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.

John 12:46
I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness.

Revelation 22:12-13
And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.

Do you really Know Jesus?
If not, today would be a really great time to turn to Him.


God on you...
mbb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...