Thursday, September 13, 2018

Peacemakers


Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.

Ephesians 4:29
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

As a follower of Jesus, I have been called to and given the incredible task of being the one who institutes peace. One who "Makes Peace". One who shall be called a Peacemaker.
How can I be a peacemaker if I am not at peace with my God and myself? How can I be a conduit for the Spirit of God to flow through if my heart is always in turmoil?

I look around and see, read, and hear divisive, angry words. 
Angry at the President.....
Angry at certain ethnic groups....
Angry at life in general....
To be honest with you, it's enough to make me angry.
I wonder how God views all of this behavior?


In the Ephesians passage, we read that our words are to be uplifting and encouraging. I like one particular translation I have reads...."That our words may give grace to the hearer". So, do I shy away from this behavior God has called me to, or do I embrace it asking only for the right words to say?  I want His peace in me.....the kind of peace that is not driven by the outward situations and circumstances we face daily. The kind of peace that is constant, providing a firm place on which to stand as I face my day. 

Peacemaker....
I like the sound of that....
Ain't there yet, but I am pressing on to see that this becomes a part of me.

Have a good day...
And, oh yeah.....be at peace and give it away to others.


God on you...

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...