Friday, September 14, 2018

Kingdom Values



Matthew 6:21
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

I wish I could explain the process of having a message to give each week @ VRC, but I can't.
If you step back and try to analyse it, try to arrange it so that you could make sense of the process, you'd be working at that for a long time.

Sometimes God will speak through a verse that seems to jump off the page.
He will use something someone else says to me, or something  I hear in a message I'm listening to.  You never really know at first is what you picking up is really going to be the central point to whatever God is giving you to share. For me, every message has to begin with my own life. What does it say to me. Is God pointing out something in my own life that is lacking, something He wants to show me.


Tomorrow night @ VRC, I'm going to be sharing "things that I value". By things, I mean those intangible attributes that we should recognize in our own live that fuel us to follow Jesus.  Now it would be easy to say, "Why I value God!"  which might not be a bad thing. But we're going to take a look at behaviors and beliefs that reveal the truth that we do value God.

We will only give attention to the things that we value. That's why the passage from Matthew spoke to me. I had to ask myself, "What is it I value in the Kingdom rule of God in my life, that shows that I do love God?" If I were to write down all my activity of a week, and take a look at where my time was spent, I would get a good idea of what I value. Let me add one thing.....Subtract the time you spent on the job because that is a given. I think maybe a better way of measuring would be to take a look at where the majority of my thoughts, coupled with the actions I gave myself to would be a better measure. 

The Matthew 6 passage reveals a great truth.
Where my heart is.....

Where my thoughts are....
These guide me in my daily pursuit. If you back up to Verse 20, you will read where Jesus commands (not hints at, or suggests) that we are to store up treasure in heaven. I've said over and over that when we come to Christ and are saved, we have to learn to live on the economy of heaven, not the one here on earth. In other words, what we value and consider to be important will change. 


I guess I could close by saying, "What's in your wallet?"
I think God would want me to say, "What's in your heart?

God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...