Thursday, September 27, 2018

Today....Just Today



4:33 A.M.....
Coffee perking (yes Virginia...we still use a percolator) in the kitchen.
Rhythmic sound of "Swoosh-a-chug" rolls through the house, as the old percolator will soon render that dark brown liquid that opens my eyes and my mind to greet another day.

Another day...
I do not know what this day may hold, but I do know that whatever is out there, God will be with me. He will be there to either deliver me or take me through whatever situation awaits me.

I want to simply make it through this coming day.
Not give into any darkness that seeks to draw me away from this relationship Jesus had given to me. To recognize the protection Jesus affords all who come to Him, so that if today is "The Evil Day" I will stand, and, as Paul writes in the book of Ephesians, "Having done all simply stand". Stand my ground. Not give up. I may not make much spiritual progress today, but at least I will not give any ground to the enemy.

I want to laugh today.
Vicki and I may not have a lot according to riches of this world, but we are just silly with laughter. Always been that way. This house has had the sound of laughter rolling down its halls, bouncing off its walls ever since we moved in back in '83. Of course the old adage "Laughter is the best medicine" is not far from the truth. 

I want to see Jesus today....
I believe that if you look hard, you can spot Him as you move through your day.
Oh, He doesn't look anything like all the pictures that have been painted.
In Matthew 25, Jesus talks about meeting the needs of people. He says, "If you done it (served) to the least of these my brethren.........YOU HAVE DONE IT UNTO ME. Call me on this if you want to, but I believe that we have been called to help those who truly need help. I don't believe that we have a calling or an obligation to help those who don't want to better themselves. Such as what we offer to them isn't help...it is enabling a lifestyle that is not pleasing to the Father.

I want to make it home tonight.
To come into this home and shut the door on the world.
To share a meal and conversation with my wife, and have gratitude that God has given me one more day. Then as we drift off to sleep at the end of the evening, I want to thank God for Who He is, this being the last thought before sleep overtakes me.

God willing, I will get up tomorrow and start all over again. Such is life with the Bynum's....  Such is life on Greene Street.
God on you....
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...