Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Mundane...What A Beautiful Word


  1. Mundane...what a wonderful word.It sounds like a symphony to my ear. A song to my heart A respite to my soul. The Mundane.  I don't want to live in that place for any length of time, but when it appears, I embrace it. 

What is the definition of this word?
"Lacking interest or excitement...dull"
Looking up the definition, I found a whole list of synonyms for the word "mundane".
Are you ready?  Here goes.
Humdrum, dull, boring,
Tedious, monotonous, tiresome.
unexciting, uninteresting, common place.
Routine, everyday, run-of-the-mill.

To some folks such an existence would drive them crazy.
To me it is a lull in the storm.
A chance to gather my thoughts.
An opportunity to draw aside and spend some time with God.
Quiet time.
Restful time.
Recuperative time.
If you were a soldier who was in a war, you'd get time to
leave the battle front, get to the rear for some R & R.
Rest and relaxation.

Mark 6:31, we read where Jesus is speaking to His disciples:
"Come aside by yourselves to a deserted place and rest
for a while."
When we hear the word rest, we automatically think physical rest.
We do need this.
But sometimes we need rest for our soul, our spirit, our heart.
We need to simply "be with God".
To nourish ourselves on His Word.
To spend time in communion, talking with God.
More importantly, we need to listen and hear with God is saying.
Living through the mundane times doesn't lessen the call of
God on your life.
You don't get a pass when you seem stuck in time.
Like Paul, find the secret of being content.
You can do all things....exciting or mundane...
through Christ who strengthens you.

So while some have hatred for times of "mundane-ness"
Not me.
I look forward to them.
I am like a child on Christmas morning.
What does the Father have in store for me in the coming season?
If I have learned one thing, it is that the devil wants to focus your attention of
what you don't have...........and what you aren't doing.
Beware of phrases that come out of your mouth like
"My life is so dull"
"I don't ever get to do anything exciting".
You may be falling prey to having your attention slowly removed from
seeing Jesus clearly.

Don't know if what I've written this morning makes any sense or not.
May simply be the ramblings of a geezer.
Take it and see what God would say to you.

I think I'll have a 2nd cup of coffee...
Looks like it's going to be a dull day.

God on you..
mbb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...