Sunday, May 17, 2020

Change Of Directions


"Hey there! Hi There! Ho There! You're as welcome as can be."
If you around my age (68+) then you know who said those words.

For the past 41 months, I have been serving as Pastor @ Northside Baptist Church. This morning was our first morning to all be together since the dreaded "rona" hit. It was a real joy to see everyone and catch up on what everyone hasn't been doing.

Due to the long stretch of us not meeting together, we had some business to take care of concerning damage to the church by the tornado that came through on Easter weekend. As the business was being discussed, I sensed (or felt, or whatever you may want to call it) that God did not want me to teach the portion of scripture that I had studied and prepared for.
Instead, He led me to two portions of scripture within the lesson: Ps. 51:15-17 and Matthew 5:14-16. So the lesson you will hear in the video below is totally off the cuff as I tried to follow where the Spirit was leading.

Enjoy...
God on you...

mbb





No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...