Saturday, May 16, 2020

I Do Not Have To Respond To The Party Invitation


Face it....I can't help myself from writing on "Blogger". I've tried. I've done the Facebook thing (and will continue to do so). But my history is really tied to what Blogger offers. Out of date? probably. Behind the times? definitely. But I have to do what I feel God is leading me toward.

Not going to spend a lot of time pontificating and pondering all the craziness that is going on in our state, country and world. There are enough voices out there screaming different points of view, that I don't feel the need to muddy the already muddy waters.

I refuse to attend the crazy party, watch the crazy movie, or listen to the crazy soundtrack of opinions that have been piled to the sky. Everyone believing that theirs is more right than most others. So I refuse the invitation to participate.

Because of what God has said in His word....
Because of the truth (dare I say that word...truth?) He has spoken, I will turn my heart and mind to Him.
"Yeah, but the world is falling apart...our nation is crumbling....you should be concerned!"

Well, I am concerned.
But not to the point that I lose my perspective on God's Kingdom here...God's Kingdom not yet.
My belief in God is not predicated on my personal situations and /or circumstances. In fact my belief and trust in God is built upon the simple truth that He is God no matter what I face.

If I lose everything I own...He's still God.
If I die..........He is still God.
If Jesus should come back to take us unto Himself (I Thessalonians 4:16-18).
He is still God.
I guess, for me, that this all falls under the heading of "Trusting God"...in everything.
So no matter what today, tomorrow, next week, or next year may hold...
I want to keep moving forward with Him until my time is up here on this old world.

In most recovery meeting where sharing among the group is taking place, I will say, "Thanks for letting me share".

God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...