Tuesday, May 19, 2020

TIME BETWEEN THE TIMES


Vineyard ReCovery Church.....Why? Why do you exist? What is your purpose in this world? Surely there are larger, more effective meetings than yours? Such would be true. So why do you exist?

Simple....
God says that we can. That we are a part of a larger call to the entire recovery community.

What I am about to write applies to every recovery meeting.
What I am about to write applies to every church.
And what I am about to write applies to every person who claims to be a follower of Jesus.


We,as a fellowship, stand between the tension of the old, dark life....the dark ways...and the promise of new life found in Christ. In other words, we want to be a vehicle that brings people to the entry point of new life. To introduce them to Jesus. But we don't want to stop there. We want to aid them in becoming a real disciple and follower of Jesus.

In the Matthew 28 Great Commission, Jesus did not call us to only make converts........He commissioned us to make disciples. Totally different level of commitment on the part of the one who comes to Jesus to be saved.

Salvation is not the end result.
Salvation is the beginning of the journey.


Jesus gave us three compasses to use to aid us in moving forward from the old life.

He stated plainly, "I AM THE WAY"...He shows us the spiritual direction we are to follow. This also includes our very body and being. Where the heart is directed to, the body will follow. Jesus is the direction or focus of my intentions, my motives. Any deviation from this pulls me away from the influence of God's Holy Spirit (My guide).

Jesus goes on to say, "I AM THE TRUTH". I have searched for truth in all the wrong places. Including the false notion that truth is something I can create. Ain't going to happen because any truth I come up with is always going to be tainted by my sin/nature. Notice that Jesus did say that He was A truth, or one of many truths. Nope...He said I am THE truth.

Lastly, Jesus said,"I AM THE LIFE". The true source of real life. The living water, given freely to those who thirst. The bread of life to those who hunger. Jesus is the basic foundation on which I can stand and face whatever comes my way.

I think I've written enough for this morning....
See You Saturday night @ Vineyard ReCovery Church.
God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...