Thursday, July 23, 2020

ZERO...ZILCH....NOTHING!!



I have nothing this morning....
I don't feel witty, or sharp....
I have no slices of information to dispense through this blog...
I have already finished my first cup of coffee, celebrating by staring at this computer screen, in hopes that something would magically appear in my brain that could be shared.
It didn't.

I guess life is like this, isn't it?
We don't always have the answers to the problems we face.
In my case, it seems as though I seldom have the answers to the problems I face. A lot of my prayers fall under the category of "Oh God...Oh God...Oh God...Oh God!. But, as I have said in the past, those are some of the most important, most powerful prayers a body can pray.


As I type this, the first verse from Genesis 1 suddenly came to my mind. How many times do we skip through that verse? How many times have we read it? Yet this simple verse......10 words......ten simple words establish the very foundation on which the entirety of scripture stands.

Those ten words speak of incredible power demonstrated by an incredible God. A God who can speak and manipulate matter into existence. A God who, by His very words, bring from nothing, everything. A God who reveals a complex thought process that is far beyond human ability or understanding.  A God who stands outside of the ticking clock that rules and defines our time here on this planet. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

This is the God who desires to have relationship with each of us.
This is the God who will not be defeated nor stopped by the forces of darkness that we live in every day.
This is the God who gave His Son to pay a sin-debt you and I could never pay.
His power is woven throughout Scripture.
He is found in every word of every verse.
His Power/Word can free the human Spirit, Soul, and body.
He is God....
No other like Him anywhere, in any way, shape, form or fashion.

So if we say we believe the words of Genesis 1:1, that God truly does possess this ability to speak and create....
Then why do we not believe that He possesses that same power today, and can speak into our very lives to bring about His plan for each of us?
Has His power waned?
Has He lost the ability to take care of His creation?
I think not.

He is God.....

Think on this.
God on you...
mbb

1 comment:

Rannie C. said...

In the beginning........Yep.....there it is!

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...