Tuesday, July 28, 2020

We Miss You Peggy


"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His faithful servants"....Psalm 116:15

Well, it's been five years since you left us. Lot has happened since that day back in 2015. I won't  go over the particulars, but rest assured that a day doesn't go by that our thoughts are not on you.
You invaded our lives and our hearts in such a way that we were all changed by your presence.

I remember how you bought greeting cards by the score and kept them in your desk at work. When birthday's rolled around...when anniversaries drew near, you were always the one who sent a card expressing your love. I miss you Peggy.

I think the picture above pretty much sums it up as to what you meant to our family, and especially our boys. They would always get so excited to see you when you came over to visit. I remember when Chad was a baby, you'd come to visit wanting to hold him. Vicki would tell you, "Peggy don't bother him, he's just laid down for his nap." You would promise not to disturb him. You would creep into his room and gently "thump" him on his foot as to wake him up. Then you would pick him up and walk back into the living room proudly proclaiming that "he was awake any way."


As the boy's grew, your pride in them was very evident. I wish you could see them now. What an influence "Aunt Peggy" had on my sons. You bought them jeans, shirts, and who could forget those tennis shoes...
"ZIPS- The Big Z"


Then the grand children came. Tyler was the first, and you brought the same love and care that both my sons had received. Being the first grandchild, Tyler saw no lack for love or attention.

Four years later, Ashley arrived. Or, as you referred to her  "Ashley Louise".... Being the first granddaughter, you organized tea parties....I mean real tea parties.  She too saw no lack of love or attention from you, as you poured out your heart upon her.

So while five years have passed, and even though your physical presence is no longer among us.....You are still here. We know that a veil separates us at this time, a veil that each of us will pass through and once again be reunited. We hold you close today, as in every day.


It has been especially hard on your sister, Vicki. I know that the old saying is that "Time heals all wounds"....well, that isn't true. The only thing time does is make them a bit more bearable.  In Vicki's case, you two worked together (which was a miracle in itself) for all those years, then you weren't there anymore. You were her touchstone and as hard as I may try, I could never replace you.

I guess I've rambled enough for this day.
I look forward to the day when we will all be together again....
We love you.....
We miss you....
Michael B.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...