Monday, August 16, 2021

I SURRENDER 25%? NOPE----ALL OR NOTHING

 


As a kid I would find myself attending summer revivals. They were not like today's revivals, in that they usually lasted a week or longer. There were daytime services usually attended mostly by women since at this time most were mom's and housewives.

Night time found the whole family attending (for the most part). The service would seem to stretch to infinity and beyond (at least in my kid mind and brain). You thought that it would never end. Oh there were moments when the preacher would say something that caught your attention. A Bible story used as a text filled with vocal inflection and punctuation to emphasize a point.

As the service would wind down, the invitation would be extended for those who needed to do some business with Jesus to come down to the front. This is the part that impacted me the most. Several different songs were sung in an effort to stir hearts to respond. The one that always drew me forward, even as I thought to myself, "I ain't going down there"...was I SURRENDER ALL.

I woke up with this song on my mind this morning. I woke up with the words softly coming from my lips. Could it be that such is the mind set that God expects from everyone who "went forward" to receive Jesus as Lord and Savior?" Could it be that we really never move beyond the idea of surrendering all to Christ? That such is a daily declaration that needs to be more than words to a hymn, but rather a heart cry to one who offered us real life? I think maybe the answer is yes.

So today, the words of that song are running through my heart and mind. I pray that I don't let them settle to simply being words that have no action on my part. I pray that if I'm declaring these words, then let my life reflect the truth behind them. That a life spent following after Jesus is a life in a state of constant surrender to Him and His will.

All to Jesus I surrender
All to Him I freely give
I will ever love and trust Him
In His presence daily live
All to Jesus I surrender
Humbly at His feet I bow
Worldly pleasures all forsaken
Take me, Jesus, take me now
I surrender all
I surrender all
All to Thee my blessed Savior
I surrender all
All to Jesus I surrender
Make me Savior wholly thine
May Thy Holy Spirit fill me
May I know Thy power divine
I surrender all
I surrender all
All to Thee my blessed Savior .....
I surrender all
God on you.....
Michael b.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...