Tuesday, August 17, 2021

RUNNING FROM----CHASING AFTER

 

II Timothy 2:22

Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the name of the Lord with pure hearts.

This is not calling for living a life full of do's and don'ts. It is the very heart of having a relationship with Christ. We move, live, act, and do according to the leading of God's Holy Spirit given to each believer.  We learn when to recognize lust when it being to formulate inside us. Such a thing sets off an alarm that warns us to move on from this. Turning thought and heart to God in the process.

I know this might sound strange to some, even thinking that I may be splitting hairs or that I have become super spiritual. Nope, not me. Just trying to see the Word of God in a practical way that we can apply to our daily life. There was a phrase I came upon back in 2002 in a reading I was doing. Speaking of sin, lust, and the ways of the world, it said that one thing we all needed to do was to "RADICALLY AMPUTATE" those things from our life that would entice us to sin. In other words, clean take up the work of removing those things which (according to Hebrews 12) "So easily trips us up." The one thing I have found is that if I remove something from my life, God comes and replaces it with something so much better than what I removed. Never forget that when you do business with God, you never trade down, you are always trading up to receive that which is eternal and most excellent in training us to live as God desires.

So just remember......

When you run from something (as the verse in II Timothy 2) you also have to chasing after something. That would be very simple way of saying..."I need to follow Jesus".

Thanks for stopping by this morning....

God on you....

Michael B.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...