Tuesday, August 31, 2021

THE MESSAGE----THE CROSS---HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU?

 


I Corinthians 1:18
 - For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.....

Profound words this morning....

Power in the sharing of a message....Power in the hearing of this message......and Power to the one who receives the truth of this message. Oh, it's not the instrument used by the Romans that contains power. It is the truth of the One who was laid upon the cross. It's the act that He went through to secure our freedom from a sin debt we could never repay.

The message of the cross never changes....Kingdom's rise and Kingdom's fall. We elect a president every four years...but the truth of God never changes and never stops. right now in our country I do believe that the message of the cross is rejected by most. It is foolish to those who hear it. What's more, those who share it are considered to be foolish. I guess I fall into being one of those who are considered to be foolish. As John Wimber use to say (after seeing a man wearing a sandwich sign)...."the front of the sign read...."I'm a fool for Jesus!"...the back side posed the question..."Whose fool are you?"

Lord, if I am considered to be foolish...if my message is labeled as being foolish...then may I fall on the side of You and the cross.  If you think I am foolish now..you've not seen anything. Because without the message and Power of the cross...how many will slide over the edge into eternity without ever hearing it. Never knowing the freedom that comes from the salvation offered by God to all who would receive.

1 Cor. 2:2 - For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified."

So today----is the cross foolish to you? Or is it the Power unto salvation?

Think on this..

God on you..

Michael b.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...