Tuesday, May 31, 2022

I WILL MISS YOU GAIL

 


I received the phone call Sunday afternoon. My heart dropped as the words flowed over me......"Bro. Mike...Gail is gone." How true those words were. She wasn't dead, she was gone. She had gone home to be with her Savior and with those who'd gone before her.

As I drove over to the hospital, my thoughts seem to flit from memory to memory of Miss Gail. How she took me in when I first got to Northside Baptist Church. I had spoken on several occasions filling in for the pastor, but now I would be their pastor. What started out as a temporary thing has stretched out to almost six years, and Gail was always there to help me in any way she could.

Arriving at the hospital, I found the family gathered in her room. She looked so peaceful laying there in bed, but we all knew that this was merely the shell not the life and soul of Gail Minton. Conversation turned to what she must be experiencing at the moment. Steve, her son, said, "Well, at last she can hear now." That brought a smile to everyone's faces. We knew that she and her husband Dean were now together again, and what a reunion that must have been. But the one thing that we all knew was that she was in presence of her lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

She loved her family and that love was always on display. She made no bones about how proud she was of Terry and Steve. After Gail moved to Oak Landing, I would visit her and she would tell me story after story about the antics of her two kids. Each story involved a lot of laughter, sometimes to the point she could not finish the story.

Miss Gail will be missed by family and friends. But isn't it wonderful that God has given hope to those who know Him. Hope that if one of us departs this old earth we will be in his presence. And for those of us who remain, the hope that at some point we will be reunited with our loved ones and the One who made it all possible, Jesus.

Gail Minton....I love you and I will miss you....but I will see you again. \

God on you...

Michael b.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...