Monday, May 2, 2022

SHE WAS CREATED IN THE IMAGE OF GOD


 3 a.m.? Yep--that's right. 3 a.m.. actually I got up at 2:20 a.m. At this stage of my life, when I wake up, my brain seems to go into "rambling" mode. Thoughts come and go in the blink of an eye. But somewhere in this train of rushing thoughts comes one that always catches my attention. "Am I awake for another reason?" Do I need to pray for someone? Is there a verse of scripture that you want me to read this morning? 

As I sat down at the computer, I did have an image come to my mind. I spoke at Todd and LeNola Bagley's 4 p.m. service at Gadsden Vineyard. After the service a woman came through the back door and made her way to the front to talk with us. She has become a sort of "regular" that stops by from time to time. Her story is usually centered around something that has happened to her, she is in need of some food and a few dollars if we have it. But this morning, sitting here, I saw her in a different light. She is an older woman that the years have not been kind to. She has been used by others and in turn has learned to use those she comes in contact with. She is simply trying to survive. Survive....we think we know what this word means, but truly I have never had to survive. I've never had to sleep on the streets or scrounge for food. She has.

I saw someone who has been marginalized by society and culture. Cast aside on the heap of those who are broken and have no value to anyone. She is responsible for her actions, as we all are. She suffers the consequences of years of bad choice, as we all do...but she is someone who was created in the image of God. The system and the devil have robbed her of that identity and convinced her that she is always going to be like this (no value to anyone) and there is no hope for her. 

We were able to get her what she needed, and got an opportunity to pray for her. To simply let her know that we love her and we care for her. That we loved her and so did God. She teared up as we prayed over her. Gathering up her things, she shuffled to the door, opening it to go out into another night of darkness. Lord, where ever she is this morning, let your Holy Spirit turn her to the simple fact that your desire is to have a relationship with her. To offer her the greatest gift ever....salvation. Keep her safe from harm that she may come to know you.

"Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

If you would, please pray for this woman. Thank you.

Michael b.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...