Monday, May 16, 2022

THE ONLY CHANGE I WANT IS THE CHANGE GOD WANTS

 

Things I have heard over the past couple of weeks:

#1 - "Well, your just set in your ways."

#2 - "He doesn't like change."

#3 - "He has his rut and he likes living in it."

To be honest with you, all three statements are pretty much right. I don't like change. I don't like people telling me that I need to broaden my horizons.  To broaden my horizons means that there is more to life that I need to experience. No one every gives thought to the simple fact that I may like my life as it is. That in my daily existence I am content and at peace. This brings me to another point.

I am not against change if God is behind the urge or pull to do it. If God is directing me in a different direction then I am going to pull up my spiritual tent pegs and see where it takes me. Truth be known, the whole things is kind of an oxymoron. I hate change........but not change that God brings to my life.

I think about the Hebrews who came out of Egypt led by Moses. For forty years they wandered in the wilderness (Due to their own grumbling and complaining against God).  For forty years they followed a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night. When the cloud stopped, they stopped. They unpacked their belongings to set up camp. We're not told, for the most part, how long they stayed in any one spot, but when the cloud started to move, it was time move with it. So basically they became divine weather watchers. Cloud moves.....we pack up....we move. Cloud stops.....we stop and set up camp.

To me, culture and society is all about change. There always has to be the next big thing. The newest and latest. The one thing you just can't live without. Such things appeal to the flesh not our spirit. It entices us into dissatisfaction about the state of our life. Somehow we feel incomplete because we don't have the latest doo-hickey, or our clothes are made from Himalayan jumping bugs because it is good for the planet.

The Apostle Paul writes in Galatians chapter 5, "For the flesh lusts (or fights against) the Spirit (God's Holy Spirit that lives in every believer), and the Spirit against the flesh, and these are contrary to one another, so that you do  not do the things you wish."  I had much rather let the Holy Spirit set the boundaries of my life, bringing change only when He deems it necessary. I do not want to be blown about and tossed to and fro by my flesh :(or that old sin nature).

Yes sir----I am dead set against change unless it is God directing His plans for my life.

By the way, this mornings post was directed at me, not anyone else. These are the things I wrestle with. Just saying.....

God on you...

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...