Friday, May 27, 2022

MORE THAN


More? How much more do I want? What is it exactly I want more of?
Is it things of this world? More money.....more possessions....more vacations?
What about more friends, or more time off?

What if the "more" that I'm talking about is God? We humans fall prey to our own ability to think and reason. We believe that we can categorize God and understand Him totally.
We believe that we can know God fully and completely.
Truth is, God is bigger than my reasoning.
He is larger and more capable than my finite mind could ever comprehend.

Isn't that the real rub? Me, a finite being, trying to understand someone who is infinite and beyond understanding.
Don't get me wrong, God reveals Himself to us on a level that we can kind of make sense of who we are dealing with. But to fully understand God....well, that is above my pay grade I do believe.

To me, when I reach the limits of my own understanding of God, that is the place that my faith takes over. To latch on to the simple truth that God is who He truly
claims to be, and will do what He has promised He would. I have faith to embrace that which I cannot understand with human reasoning.

One of my most favorite passages is found in Ephesians 3:20-21
"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think (also imagine), according to the power that works in us, To Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever Amen."

Is this a comfort? To me it is. To think that I have relationship with someone who has Power and Capabilities that exceed human wisdom, and brings them to bare in the relationship I have with Him. Wowzers!!

Isaiah 55:8-9 
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways
My ways", says the Lord
"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways
higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.

So what is the "more" I desire this morning?
To know Him...
To know His will for my life...
To embrace His grace to live out His will....
Strength for one more day...
To be able to share with one person today the love of God, 
and the His will for their life....

God on you..
michael b.

 

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...