Friday, October 23, 2009

It's Friday!


Friday...
What a wonderful day.
For most, it signifies the end of the work week.
Today will be followed by days off and time
to spend with family.
For me, Friday means "It's time to go to work."
We have "church" here at Rapha tomorrow night
so Friday is a day of preparation.
Worship music to select.
Finish up the message or teaching (if there is one)
Much prayer...
(Oh God....Oh God....Oh God....Oh God)
Friday is a day of anticipation also.
Expectant of what God might do tomorrow night.
I am a believer that if you go into a meeting w/ out
any expectations....
Then that is what you get....nothing.
I go to every meeting expecting God to show up...
Expecting God to touch, minister, reveal and restore.
I place myself to receive from Him.
To reveal to me anything that I need to deal with and then do so.
I love the meeting on Saturday night and consider it
as much for me as for the men here at Rapha.
I found a verse this morning during my quiet time that
really spoke about where I want to be in my relationship.

Psalm 17:15
"As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness"
"I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness"
Wow!
Satisfaction comes when I awake not to my own
messed up, mumbled out image....
But to the image of Jesus.
Have you ever been to Atlanta, Georgia when they weren't working
on the interstate?
No!
They've been working on the Atlanta interstate ever since
Sherman marched through on the way to the sea.
Orange barrels everywhere.
Yellow flashing lights to let you know there is work in progress.
If you could peal back the veil that separates our natural world
from the spiritual world,
you'd see orange barrels and yellow flashing lights
all around me.
I am a work in progress.
My sole wish and desire is to simply cooperate
with the Holy Spirit
and allow Him to finish the work He's already started.
Like I said...
It's going to be a great day....
A great weekend....
A great life!
God on you.........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...