Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Da Bomb!

I was a part of a most incredible meeting last night. I had been invited to speak at Celebrate Recovery / East Side, a meeting that I had never attended before.
Arriving early, I met Ernie the leader of the Celebrate Recovery meeting. We chatted and talked as he explained how the meeting would go. He told me how much he appreciated me coming to speak. Little did we know that I would not speak that night.

The room filled with probably 100- 125 people and the worship team started the meeting.
I love it when the worship music actually fits the personality of the people who make up a meeting, and this was the case at East Side.
During worship, a number of people came down to the front and got on their knees and began to pray. As time went by, the praying grew in intensity and moved to weeping and crying. Staff of the meeting came to help minister to the ones who had come down for prayer. All the while the music seemed to take on an intensity itself as the team began to enter into "real" worship. There didn't seem to be a let up in the people who came forward. It was 5 to 10 at a time. They would spend time in prayer and in being prayed for. As quick as they got up more would come to take their place. This went on for over an hour. During this time, I sitting at the front praying asking God what was going on and what He wanted me to do. As the ministry / worship kept moving forward, it became very evident to me that God was not really interested in hearing me teach. I was perfectly alright with this after all, I can speak anytime....but when God is in the middle of moving on a group of people, then lets not stop.

After an hour and a half, Ernie finally stood up and turned the meeting over to me. I simply said that God had spoken to me and we were to continue with the worship and ministry. Tonight was about God and not me. I explained that God was not finished and we should allow him the time to complete what he was doing.
The worship team started back up and more people came forward. There were some who were saved. There were several who rededicated themselves to Christ. There were many healing's, both physically as well as emotionally.

It looked messy and it was loud and it wasn't what you'd find in a lot of churches, but for whatever reason, God chose that night and that place to come and not just show up but show out. The Kingdom of God came down into time and space last night and lives were changed.
I was also touched by God and came away with a renewed hope and strength to not quit or give up. I don't know what will happen at East Side next Monday. All I know is that on October 12th God chose to come and meet with us.
Thank you Lord.

God on you all............
mb

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post Bro Mike I love to hear whats going on in those recovery meetings.Hope to see ya soon!




Jeremy Z

Greene Street Letters said...

Dude....
Good to hear from you.
I will be out of town this coming weekend but will be around after that.
I miss talking with you...been wondering how you are doing.
mb

Bobby said...

I need some of that!

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...