Saturday, September 18, 2021

WHICH PATH ARE YOU OWN TODAY?

 


John 10:10 - The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come that they may have life.......and have it to the full.

How simple is this verse from John? There are only two paths in this life we are moving through. One is driven and influenced by one who lives to steal, kill and destroy whatever is possessed by the ones that have chosen to follow him. The other is watched and cared for by One who gave Himself that we might have life. Not just any life, but eternal life. A full life. Now full doesn't always translate into material things. If you search scripture, you'll find in Matthew 6 that we have been promised that if we seek His path and His character to live by, then all the things we need to live will be given to us. Oh yeah.....by the way. Path # 1 belongs to the devil. Path #2 is one that has been prepared for us by Jesus. Jesus? Yes, Jesus. The real-deal-promise-a-real-promise Jesus of the Bible. He is the HIGHEST POWER.

Got news early this morning that a man I knew from my time at Rapha had been killed in a car wreck. I had not seen him in a number of years, and the last time I did, it wasn't good. He was still struggling with all the darkness that had defined his life. I do not know how he was doing at the time of his death. My prayer and hope is that he managed to move into the right path. That his life was no longer defined by the destruction that we inflict on ourselves and others through our addiction. That Jesus was no longer just words on a page, or a religious thought in the mind, but that He had become Savior and Lord over this man's life.

Too many gone...too soon....

God on you....

michael b


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...