Friday, June 26, 2020

CLOUDY DAY....CLOUDY WAY


Pondering today exactly how much I still don't know concerning God. Now before you say anything, I am completely aware that He is beyond understanding, and that any effort I make to do so is futile. Me, a mortal, trying to grasp the infinite deity of God is like trying to stop a transfer truck with a bowl of Jello. Maybe that wasn't such a good example.

Anyway, I was reading in the Message Bible and I came across a passage that kind of struck my fancy. Physiologically speaking, I have no clue where the "fancy" is located at in the human body.
Romans 11:33-36

Have you ever come on anything quite like this extravagant generosity of God, this deep, deep, wisdom? It's way over our heads. We'll never figure it out.
Is there anyone who can explain God?
  Anyone smart enough to tell Him what to do?
Anyone who has done for Him such a huge favor?
That God has to ask their advice?

Everything comes from Him.
Everything happens through Him.
Everything ends up in Him.
Always Glory!
Always Praise!
Yes, yes, yes!

So where does all this pondering lead me?
To the simple fact that I can't look at the world and events to gain my bearing or direction. I need only to look to the One who sits over this mess that we are currently experiencing, realizing that He has not lost control...........He has not been caught unaware by any situation.......and that His plans continue to mover forward with a "yes and amen" momentum that cannot be stopped by government of any kind or flavor.  Don't you know that we sometimes must look foolish to God as He looks on us, seeing us flex our muscle, shaking at fist at the heaven's loudly and proudly (albeit foolishly) proclaiming that "WE CAN RUN OUR OWN LIVES". How strange if God did indeed say, "Then go for it......have at it!" Now to me that is a scary thought.

I think I'll deny myself selfishness and take up that cross and follow Him.
Somehow I think life here and now (and definitely later) will turn out better than if I tried to steer and direct.
Kind of rambling I know, but maybe something that fell out of my thoughts made sense to you. Hope so.

Be sure to either come and join us tomorrow night for Saturday meeting / 7 p.m.
or join us life stream on Recovery Church Facebook page.
God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...