Saturday, June 6, 2020

LOVE ONLY AS GOD DOES



If I have been asked once, I have been asked a million times....
Well, maybe not a million, but to put in Southern terms, a bunch.
"How are you dealing with all the sin/crazy stuff that is going on in our nation?"
Don't know that I have an answer for that.
Part of me wants to go all postal on Facebook telling everyone to shut up.
The "religious" part of me really likes the image of Christ going into the Temple with a homemade whip, taking names and clearing it out.
But I can't do that. I'd be acting in my flesh with no love at all in my heart.

I want to get on social media (side bar here- is it me, or is social media the most unsocial thing humanity has ever created?) and just go on a rant of Biblical proportions. The veins popping out in my head and neck.....face red as a beet as I unload one line upon another something akin to an M-60 being fired. As the smoke cleared, I would be standing there with a "Showed them" attitude. None of which is anywhere near where God has called to live. Like I said, these thoughts are more flesh than Spirit, so I keep them at bay so I can hear God when He speaks.

So what now?
The only thing I know to do.
Love....
"Oh not that touchy-feely mess where we sit in a circle and get in touch with our cosmic self."
Nope...
I'm talking about I Corinthians 13 kind of love.
The kind that is God...
The kind that God expects us to live and operate from.
The kind of Love that has no equal found on this earth, because it did not come from this earth. It came down in the form of a man we all could relate to. We call Him Jesus.
He is THE Christ.
He is THE Messiah
He is THE Deliverer
He is THE Savior
He is THE Bread of life
He is THE Lamb slain for sinners
He is THE Lord of all who claim to be Lord and the King over all who claim to be King.
He is THE Great equalizer to humanity.
Seeing us not defined by our race, but the state of heart, Jesus is the giver of life to all who would receive.

SO for this reason, I think I will just love today, as best I can under the influence of God's Holy Spirit.
Oh, I may get it right at times...
And I may mess it up at times....
But I'm never going to move in the direction God desires me to unless I try to love.
Laying down prejudice..
Laying down a judgmental and critical spirit...
I want to empty myself of everything "ME" so I can be filled with everything "HIM".

Thanks for letting me have a moment...
God on you this day...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...