Friday, June 19, 2020

REST IN PEACE CHRIS


Psalm 116:15
Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints.

I will miss you my friend....
I know you had your struggles...some you overcame, some you didn't.
I will miss our conversations that went deeper than "How are you?"
I will miss your brutal honesty when it came to yourself.
You never minced words, or tried to white wash what was going on in your life.
At the same time, you never stayed in that dark place of inventory, but always were saying, "God is good!" You had hope. Not hope as the world gives, but a higher, purer, divine hope that can only come from God.

I have written way to many of these type postings over the years. But the one thing in common each posting had was a thought that always comes to me when I receive news of the death of someone I knew. What thought? That today, Chris knows the truth of what I only claim to believe.

All the questions on this side have been answered for Chris.

All the doubts and fears have been tossed aside.
As truthful as Chris was, he now stands before the ultimate truth.
I know this....
Chris loved his family

Chris loved God...
Chris loved helping others...

As I said at the beginning of this post, "I will miss you my friend."

God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...